The Odyssey



"I dreamt of flying, when the winds resisted. I dreamt to rise, while the quicksand tried to pull me in. I planned, I failed, I strived, I fell, but, I never stopped standing up again. It surely took some time to check mark my goals, but it still is a long way to cover, before I say that I won."

Year 1976, a child takes birth in a well-educated upper middle class Oriya family, second girl child of that family. As per the society, she wouldn't get to study much, as she won't need it much and get married, being the only forced-fed goal for women of the society. She is given a name, ironically, inspired by an ancient female philosopher & scholar from the Southern India. A determined being, she carries her education breaking the shackles and stigmas of societies. She promises herself for offering the best of education to her, no matter what troubles she may face.

If you are determined, you make your own ways and achieve, and sometimes, the stars help you to get even better. Excelling her studies, she overcomes every hurdle, every trouble and completes her schooling. All prepared to join a graduation program, she gets sponsorship from the state government for her brilliance and she opts for Hotel Management. As believed that there is a plan defined for everyone by the creator, she receives another sponsorship to complete her Masters from the UK, by a British organisation.

She joins the University of Luton for pursuing Masters in Human Resource Management through the sponsorship she is offered with. But, she has more to achieve and for owning the same, she takes up a part time job in a hotel to support another course, Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development. She meets a fine Greek man in while studying and ties in the knot of holy matrimony.
Her life takes another turn and she lands up in Greece, a nation with a completely different language and culture. Her husband challenges her that she will never be able to find a job, as she will never be able to speak Greek and it is the preferred language for Greek employees. But again, she is as determined as ever. In the first six months of her challenging stay in Greece, she faces the troubles of learning a completely different script, while she has to study and work as well. She starts her innings as a lecturer of English in an Evening School of Language, while she learns Greek in an institute throughout the day. On the weekends, she opts as a lecturer for the MBA program, teaching executive MBA, marketing and human resource.

Six months down the line, she is well versed in Greek and joins the Texnokat Group of Greece and starts as an HR Consultant on a freelance basis, later on growing as a full-time employee for Human Resource and International Business. From an Indian knowing nothing least about Greece and the language, to coming a Greek national and leading the Texnokat group as their Vice President for International Business, Joint Ventures and Merger Acquisitions, she proves her sheer dedication and mettle of what a woman can.

Year 2013, she lands back in India and since then, she is leading different organisations for International Business Development, HRD, Employee Benefits and CSR. A strong believer of ‘Service of Mankind is Service to God’, she follow that whatever she is bestowed with, she has to return the same to the world. Considering it her social responsibility, she delivers lectures across top colleges and universities addressing women and children challenges. Furthermore, she personally reaches out the grass root levels, and takes classes in slums to help children enhance their communication skills, self-development and motivate them to face all situations in life. She currently trains students of IICA (Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs) on Corporate Social Responsibility ICP in CSR.

For her works and achievements, she is honoured by Late President of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam during his visit to Athens, Greece, and recently by Sri Pranab Mukherjee as well. It is not the recognition she seeks, but to make this world a better place to live for every single being. She strongly believes that ‘Impossible says I am Possible’, because she has made things possible, which were not, bringing her to this level of success in life.

It may seem like a story weaved to share the lesson of not giving up, but it is not. I am Lopamudra Priyadarshini and it is my story. This is the story of how I wished to never give up and how I achieved my goals, no matter how many times I fell. I have not even covered 10% of my journey in achieving higher goals of life, to serve the people across the world. Let’s join hands and walk towards a better world, a world without discriminations, struggles and hatred.

Thank you for reading.

Lopamudra Priyadarshini |Daughter | Wife | Mother | Teacher | Human

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks ParmeetLife is an Inspiration to #riseabove...

      Delete
  2. Truly inspiring... God bless you Lopa. I am sure you will reach heights... I feel happy for the fact that I know you personally and worked with you for some time... Wish you all the very best... Enjoy the journey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly inspiring... God bless you Lopa. I am sure you will reach heights... I feel happy for the fact that I know you personally and worked with you for some time... Wish you all the very best... Enjoy the journey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Privilege was always mine as to have known you and worked with you I have actually learnt a lot from you May not be enough to write here... thanks for being there

      Delete
  4. As amother I bless u all success in life n let ur dreams turns to realities
    God bless u

    ReplyDelete
  5. A story like a movie! A ”Swades” in real life🤗🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fact of life which is to #riseabove all adversities 😊

      Delete
  6. Truly a blueprint of bravery and honourable deed. May people be inspired to share the same ambition as you have. Thank you for sharing and all the best Lopa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjorie....there mare many girls and women like me... i hope this inspires them to #Riseabove the limitations and i believe we all can....if we really want to break out of it..

      Delete
  7. This reflects the real meaning of being hungry for success, meeting of dreams and reality. It has always amazed me how you manage your time and energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s all about #riseabove all that life throws at you...as per your curiosity all can be managed if you say I can...

      Delete
  8. Inspirational talk. Congratulation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Rout let all #riseabove and inspire everyone who needs it

      Delete
  9. This is so beautifully written. So inspiring. I hope I do learn lot in life just like you did. I love you ma'am .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks #Riseabove ... all adversity challenge human limits...

      Delete
  10. Very much inspirational 👌 stay blessed

    ReplyDelete
  11. An inspiring story for all. Thank you for sharing. I admire your determination and your will to do good in the world. We need more people like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why it lists me as "charlene," but the above comment is from Charlie Lyons in New York. It's a pleasure knowing you, Lopa.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Charlie it’s always pleasure knowing that the causes people are working towards and I am privileged to be a part of your cause...let’s all #riseabove all adversities to do better for the world in our own capacities

      Delete
  12. As I know you're also a fighter for get rights for women. remembering your fight, urgument with police commissioner for justice of your friend Lucy who harassed by local boys at college.
    Not possible to explain everything but your Msg inspires every girl no one can stop your achievements if you determined.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I know you're also a fighter for get rights for women. remembering your fight, urgument with police commissioner for justice of your friend Lucy who harassed by local boys at college.
    Not possible to explain everything but your Msg inspires every girl no one can stop your achievements if you determined.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As I know you're also a fighter for get rights for women. remembering your fight, urgument with police commissioner for justice of your friend Lucy who harassed by local boys at college.
    Not possible to explain everything but your Msg inspires every girl no one can stop your achievements if you determined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir as you know i have a firm believe that weak to be protected and poor to be empowered and every individual have to come and do the same.... the problem with the world is we watch,judge and criticise rather coming forward and actually do something.... so i am the same when i was 14.... where i fought for my friend at 17.... fought with the system... you are witness to it.... may be the path was wrong ...now life has taught me a different way of fighting for the needy and weak.... My teachers like you are my strength... who have enlightened me for who I am today and every individual i meet is my teacher as i learn from each one... so all i wish that, you keep inspiring and encouraging all to #riseabove

      Delete
  15. As I know you're also a fighter for get rights for women. remembering your fight, urgument with police commissioner for justice of your friend Lucy who harassed by local boys at college.
    Not possible to explain everything but your Msg inspires every girl no one can stop your achievements if you determined.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a true inspiration and a great teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Thank you for your kind word and always wish that noone should ever give up to #riseabove

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Thanks my friend and you inspire me too to #riseabove... always learnt a lot about lots of things....thanks again being such source of positivity...

      Delete
  18. A story that is truly inspiring !! My first reaction when I read the beautifully penned blog was...silence ! I actually went speechless !
    U are a star Lopa. So proud of you!
    May you achieve all your goals n create a difference you are destined to.
    Waiting for more inspiration n motivation from the pen of Lopa😊
    Tapsi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot sweetheart..... you are start too as well as source of Inspiration with so much happening around still we all have managed to get a lot and we will...... never give up to #riseabove.... May every single individual never give up and achieve the goals they have aimed for...

      Delete
  19. Lots of people dream of living life on their own term and only few can do this, I am glad you are one of those who not only make it good for oneself but for others as well, I really appreciate your work. Keep the light of faith burning.

    Kumud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all Thanks Kumud for reading through it... and write such encouraging words.. life always throws difficulty at you to see if you can surpass and if you do so ... you pass that difficulty level and a different difficulty level always wait for you... But only those #riseabove who immediately stand back to fight it... if you lose you learn lesson of life ...if you win you will get the next difficulty level... thanks again ... keep in touch and keep reading as more to come ...😊

      Delete
  20. Well cant feel any more proud of being called brother of the strongest woman ..you symbolize the true spirit of womenhood ..I have seen your struggle and determination in that struggle at every phase of ur life and can truly say what you have achieved today is becuse of aheer guts and determination..keep scaling newer hieghts and there would be no zenith beyond ur reach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my brother I am thankful that god gave me all that strength and a loving brother like you... let’s all #riseabove

      Delete
  21. Great Lopa!!! being a part of your journey as a colleague was good time can never forget those days in Marina, Chennai.... wish you more success and let the thinking of serving the mankind always be with you.... on behalf of myself, Deva and one & all at MGM we wish you to accomplish more heights...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thank you for remembering me and being a part of my journey of life. I am greatful that you remember me fondly and it has been a journey of my life which I want those know and they should never give up and #riseabove

      Delete
  22. Your journey of life is very inspiring and motivational. It gives hope to everyone especially girls that they can achieve their dreams whatever the odds are against them.

    Keep inspiring

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Did I Move to a Tribal Village from Delhi

Women And Rapes: A Brief Overview